Apply Now! Accepting Applications for all 5 VIP Programs
Accelerate Your Success
Launched in April 2021, VIP AEROSPACE is the first program of its kind in the country. In this inaugural class, 43 government and industry experts delivered a comprehensive curriculum designed specifically to help SDVOSB and VOSB leaders improve their ability to win and manage federal contracts in this very competitive market.
- Strategic Planning, Marketing & How to Build a Business Development Team
- SBIR, STTR, and OTA’s
- Supply Chain Management for Primes and Subs
- Legal Concerns and Mitigating Risk in the AEROSPACE Federal Sector
- Unique Insurance: Liability Differences Between Manufacturing and Services
- Indirect Rates & Pricing
- Audit & Certification Requirements
- Operational Program Controls
- Cyber Security/CMMC
- Managing Proposals
- M&A Activity in the AEROSPACE Defense Sector
- Have been in business for at least 4 years with a minimum of 3 full time employees
- Your service and/or product aligns with aerospace market needs
- Be an owner, principal or C-level executive for a veteran-owned small business
Inaugural AEROSPACE Class Statistics
- Comprised of 43 participating companies from 18 states plus D.C.
- Companies average 37 full time employees and 13 years in business
- 56% of participating companies work in the international market
- 35% have worked as Federal Primes in the aerospace market
- 61% have worked as Sub Contractors in the aerospace market
“We are delighted to support this program, to help veteran-owned businesses increase their federal aerospace revenue and learn what it takes to be competitive in this complex market.”
the Corporate Supplier Diversity Program Manager for Lockheed Martin Corp.
James L. Davis
"For every business, the key questions at some point become whether you know how to manage, develop and grow. That is what VIP does – teaches veteran-owned businesses the skills to deal with those issues. VIP companies have grown almost 50% after just one year of graduating, have created thousands of new jobs, and several are SBA Small Person of the Year Winners."Antonio DossDeputy Associate Administrator, SBA Office of Government Contracting and Business Development
“ SBA is very proud of our partnership with the Veteran Institute for Procurement. VIP has been an SBA partner since 2014 and over the years we have witnessed firsthand the impressive impact VIP has made for both Veteran Owned and Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Businesses across the nation. When the VIP program was first founded in 2009, federal government contracts for SDVOSBs was less than 1%. Now, fast forward to today, that number has increased to 4.39% (a $145.8 billion increase) and for the last 7 consecutive years, the federal government has exceeded its contracting goal for SDVOSBs, which is definitely the result of a team effort and the important role of VIP. “Larry StubblefieldAssociate Administrator at SBA's Office of Veterans Business Development
Full Attendance is required to graduate from a session. If a participant misses more than 3 hours, their enrollment in the session will be terminated and they will be charged the cancellation fee.
Upon acceptance into the VIP Program participants must provide a credit card to secure their spot. VIP participants will not be charged for services outlined above. The credit card will only be used if the VIP participant cancels their participation in the program after the date that is noted in their acceptance email. Cancellations must be received in writing. Charges are $500 for virtual or day participants and $1000 for overnight participants.