Accepting applications for all VIP 5 programs - apply now!
VIP AEROSPACE is a 3-day in-residence veteran entrepreneurship training program that is offered at NO COST to veterans nationwide
Launched in April 2021, VIP AEROSPACE is the first program of its kind in the country. In this inaugural class, 43 government and industry experts delivered a comprehensive curriculum designed specifically to help SDVOSB and VOSB leaders improve their ability to win and manage federal contracts in this very competitive market.
- Strategic Planning
- How to Build a Business Development Team
- Operational Program Controls
- Contracting Acquisition
- SBIR, STTR, and OTA’s
- Supply Chain Management
- Legal Concerns and Mitigating Risk
- Indirect Rates
- Audit & Certification Requirements
- M&A Activity in the Aerospace Defense Sector
- Managing Proposals
- Have been in business for at least 4 years with a minimum of 3 full time employees (Companies average 37 full time employees and 13 years in business)
- Your service and/or product aligns with aerospace market needs
- Be an owner, principal or C-level executive for a veteran-owned small business
One Year Later Outcomes and Class Statistics:
- 63% of graduates reported the knowledge gained significantly influenced a business decision
- 29% successfully entered the Aerospace sector for the first time with Air Force, NASA, FAA, NAVY, NAVAIR, Lockheed Martin, Raytheon, Boeing
- 50% that were already in the sector expanded in the sector with new customers
- 28% increase in overall revenue in the past year
- 74% of the companies are Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Business
- 53% of the companies are Minority Owned
- 49% hold a security clearance
- 23% of the companies are Small Disadvantaged Business/8(a)
- 23% of the companies are Woman Owned
- 16% of the companies are Hub Zone
“We are delighted to support this program, to help veteran-owned businesses increase their federal aerospace revenue and learn what it takes to be competitive in this complex market.”
the Corporate Supplier Diversity Program Manager for Lockheed Martin Corp.
"For every business, the key questions at some point become whether you know how to manage, develop and grow. That is what VIP does – teaches veteran-owned businesses the skills to deal with those issues. VIP companies have grown almost 50% after just one year of graduating, have created thousands of new jobs, and several are SBA Small Person of the Year Winners."Antonio DossDeputy Associate Administrator, SBA Office of Government Contracting and Business Development
“ SBA is very proud of our partnership with the Veteran Institute for Procurement. VIP has been an SBA partner since 2014 and over the years we have witnessed firsthand the impressive impact VIP has made for both Veteran Owned and Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Businesses across the nation. When the VIP program was first founded in 2009, federal government contracts for SDVOSBs was less than 1%. Now, fast forward to today, that number has increased to 4.39% (a $145.8 billion increase) and for the last 7 consecutive years, the federal government has exceeded its contracting goal for SDVOSBs, which is definitely the result of a team effort and the important role of VIP. “Larry StubblefieldAssociate Administrator at SBA's Office of Veterans Business Development
Full Attendance is required to graduate from a session. If a participant misses more than 3 hours, their enrollment in the session will be terminated and they will be charged the cancellation fee.
Upon acceptance into the VIP Program participants must provide a credit card to secure their spot. VIP participants will not be charged for services outlined above. The credit card will only be used if the VIP participant cancels their participation in the program after the date that is noted in their acceptance email. Cancellations must be received in writing. The cancellation charge is $1,000.
The unauthorized use of audio or video equipment is not permitted at any VIP session.